Autor Wątek: UWAGA - SCAM by CCP !!!  (Przeczytany 18128 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Ellaine

• Gość
Odp: UWAGA - SCAM by CCP !!!
« Odpowiedź #35 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 16:44:58 »
Then maybe just offer tracked mail as an option? It will be impossible with some countries, depending on practices of local post company, but when possible, I think most people will choose to pay that 1$ more for delivery and have it safer. I till still be a lot cheaper then courier and does not really require big management effort.

sepa

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #36 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 16:48:44 »
Well, i was just writing a post that CCP dont give a .... about packages when your answer appeared.

Well, who made this story u wrote? It's very nice indeed, but i dont believe it. If ur company works like it, u would have lots of problems with Tax Office, and generally u would never be able to run such big game as Eve.

U try to tell us, that mail with order arrives, its packed by some1, who do not note anywhere what he did, put on the shelf, some1 comes, takes it and vanishes without even signing 'i took xxx packages' ? And this is worker of 'reputable' post office?

Who do u think u talk to? 5 year old kid?

nuts.

rafaello

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #37 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:06:56 »

like i sad- its risky to allow people make choises...
And you are not neutral to this problem, because you get money from CCP :D

not true - i did not recived never any cash from cpp
thats what i have on my mind... you risked cheaper option... and you was unlucky this time
its really sad and i fully understand your pain
but i just dont see any scam here...

« Ostatnia zmiana: Maj 16, 2007, 17:10:54 wysłana przez rafaello »

theorbis

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #38 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:14:48 »
Then maybe just offer tracked mail as an option? It will be impossible with some countries, depending on practices of local post company, but when possible, I think most people will choose to pay that 1$ more for delivery and have it safer. I till still be a lot cheaper then courier and does not really require big management effort.

I agree that it might be a good idea to include that as an option, but i am sure it would cost much more then 1$. Those that want the secure option can always choose DHL packages in shipping options.

Well, i was just writing a post that CCP dont give a .... about packages when your answer appeared.

Well, who made this story u wrote? It's very nice indeed, but i dont believe it. If ur company works like it, u would have lots of problems with Tax Office, and generally u would never be able to run such big game as Eve.

U try to tell us, that mail with order arrives, its packed by some1, who do not note anywhere what he did, put on the shelf, some1 comes, takes it and vanishes without even signing 'i took xxx packages' ? And this is worker of 'reputable' post office?

Who do u think u talk to? 5 year old kid?

nuts.

I wrote that, and its not a story. It is exactly how things are. I invested my time and an effort to find out about the whole process because i care about our customers and their problems. Everything i wrote is sincere, but it is up to you if you choose not to believe in it.

As for your remarks, it is not just packed by someone, but by a person who is responsible for EVE store and items. I assumed it wont be necessary to write about the obvious and necessary processes that are done in the background with each and every order such as bookkeeping and registration, but i was wrong and i apologize.

As you suggested, every order is written down and entered into books. After that it is placed in a special case that is picked up by post office employee at the end of the working day. There is no placing of items on the shelfs or anything like that. Everything is done in a secure and appropriate manner.

I hope that clears up any doubts you might have about us.  There is not much else i can do about this issue.

Best Regards,
The Orbis

Ellaine

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #39 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:29:26 »
Cytat: Poczta Polska
International Postal Services
Economic registered letter
To: Europe and Russia and Israel
Weight: more than 350g to 500g
Price    11.00 PLN
Registered    5.30 PLN
Total price    16.30 PLN

Cytat: Google
5.30 Polish zloty = 1.9033254 U.S. dollars

Ok, its not 1$, its 2$, and its not Icelandic but Polish post company. But I bet pricing is not that diffrent. Using registered letters is "industry standard" in online shops.

sepa

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #40 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:31:32 »
Ok, now u speak with some sense:

As you suggested, every order is written down and entered into books. After that it is placed in a special case that is picked up by post office employee at the end of the working day. There is no placing of items on the shelfs or anything like that. Everything is done in a secure and appropriate manner.

So Edmund is asking all the time if u can show him this book entry. And i assume that postman also signs some kind of 'receipment bill', it will be nice to see, too.

Ellaine

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #41 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:44:36 »
Ok, I've checked, You're right Orbis, I lost bet from my last post;

Cytat: Icelandic Post
      Domestic     Overseas
Weight    Addressee Only
(1)    Delivered on location
(2)    Within Europe
   Outside Europe
0-100 g    615 ISK    425 ISK    695 ISK    845 ISK
101-500 g    700 ISK    510 ISK    1.040 ISK    1.595 ISK
501-1000 g    885 ISK    695 ISK    1.435 ISK    2.455 ISK
1001-2000 g    995 ISK    805 ISK    2.150 ISK    4.150 ISK

1 040 Iceland kronur = 16.3904 U.S. dollars

So, ok, in case of this post company, registered deliveries ARE quite expensive.
Maybe You shuld move Your shop storage and posting center to Your London office then?

Cytat: Post Office (UK)
"Recorded Signed For" prices
Weight range    First Class   Second Class
0-100g   £1.79   £1.62
101-250g   £2.08   £1.90
251-500g   £2.54   £2.22

2.22 British pounds = 4.395156 U.S. dollars

Its still way less then 16$ in Iceland.
And I'd rather pay 2.22£ more and be sure my package gets to me :)
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maj 16, 2007, 17:48:36 wysłana przez Albi (była Ellaine) »

theorbis

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #42 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:56:28 »
Ok, now u speak with some sense:

So Edmund is asking all the time if u can show him this book entry. And i assume that postman also signs some kind of 'receipment bill', it will be nice to see, too.

It will be no problem to provide Edmund with the book entry. However i would need his name or order number in order to find it. Due to the national holiday tomorrow, CCP will be close, but can do it on Friday if i receive necessary information.

Edmund, please send me the information either through PM or in game and also include your email address.

Best Regards,
The Orbis

theorbis

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #43 dnia: Maj 16, 2007, 17:59:37 »
Thank you for looking that up Albi.

As you can see, it is very expensive. Much more then i previously thought.  :(

Ghazdi Ironwill

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #44 dnia: Czerwiec 13, 2007, 13:33:03 »
Any luck with Ed's case, Orbis??

Would like to know that in case of missing parcel, CCP is able to provide a proof that parcel has been sent, along with a parcel send order number which should be recived by CCP from Icelandic post office.

This is obvious and it's kind of standard procedure , but apparently - as visible in the correspondency between Ed and CCP in the first post - it is not for CCP.

Therefore before I order anything would like to see it clarified.

Thanks!
« Ostatnia zmiana: Czerwiec 13, 2007, 13:35:14 wysłana przez Ghazdi Ironwill »

Ezachiel

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #45 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 09:25:49 »
Any luck with Ed's case, Orbis??

Would like to know that in case of missing parcel, CCP is able to provide a proof that parcel has been sent, along with a parcel send order number which should be recived by CCP from Icelandic post office.

This is obvious and it's kind of standard procedure , but apparently - as visible in the correspondency between Ed and CCP in the first post - it is not for CCP.

Therefore before I order anything would like to see it clarified.

Thanks!
Yes, it's clear. CCP don't make money on his online shop and selling stuff for our fun and without profit,  they send ordinary parcel without any registered information exept list parcels what they print when they give away parcels to post. THey don't have any proff about sending order expet printed list of parcels what get post office member form his shop.
Registered parcel in Iceland cost more than courier. In this way they can send or not to you order, and give proff evrytime because allways parcel list can be printed, when you order by ordinary parcel you don't get any parcel numer because this is "ordinary" At least, when you lost money because you don't get order they don't refund this in any way.

So if you order anything from CCP make this by corurier ...

I don't give any info to Mr Orbis about my order becuse i don;t see any chance to make any solution my problem, but still there is on problem, i never get answer from CCP online shop for my last post with question about proff of sending my parcel.
I have only 2 way to fight with this problem atm, forget this 100 usd or make heavy fight with customer agency etc .. about not realized online order ... ill give up, why i shuld hurt CCP in my private problem with lost cash if they are so friendly and make so much for comunity, like eve-online, EON, t-shirts, gtc, playing cards, etc .. almost without any profit just for our fun ? I can't do this ...
« Ostatnia zmiana: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 09:33:35 wysłana przez Edmund »

Ghazdi Ironwill

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #46 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 11:13:32 »
Ed, I understand your approach and respect that. Nevertheless, it's kinda strange that Islandick post office does not give any proof that parcel was collected from CCP.It's just hard to belive that CCP give away their customer's money(in form of posters,cups etc.)  to Islandick post office without any receipt.That is kinda weird, and not even close to a standard of service that proffesional company should offer to their customers.

Considering above, CCP should stop offering this mean of delivery.
Anyway good to know that courier is always there for us. Unfortunately, not everybody read this forum and this thread  particularly.

Maybe we should change the topic name to: CCP online-shop: do not use ordinary post.

Ezachiel

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #47 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 11:25:33 »

Maybe we should change the topic name to: CCP online-shop: do not use ordinary post.

Then we make a marketing for courier and ccp shop not a problem solution with no answer from CCP Shop menager about proff of sending parcel, don't you mind ? What problem is still not resolved, because shop menager do not give any proff of sending order to me  :'(

Ellaine

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #48 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 11:27:32 »
That is kinda weird, and not even close to a standard of service that proffesional company should offer to their customers.

There is a simple thing like registered deliveries. You pay slightly more and the post is obligated to know where Your package is and return it to You if it fails to reach the recipient. I thought that using this option is an obvious necessity when sending valuable packages from online shop etc. Its almost unthinkable to use normal non-registered letter - but not in Iceland.

I've checked pricing for registered letter (added to standard delivery cost) of Icelandic post company, one in UK and one in Poland, comparing cost for Europe range, economic class package weight about 250g. The cost is;

1.9 U.S. dollars in Poland
4.395156 U.S. dollars in UK
16.3904 U.S. dollars in Iceland

No wonder they do not use this option. Obviously it wont work unless they move eve-o shops distribution center to UK office, making registered letter a reasonable (cheaper) alternative for courier.

Ghazdi Ironwill

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #49 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 12:01:45 »
Knowing the fact that Islandick post office does not track parcels in standard service(and tracking itself is expensive there), CCP should have never offered this mean of delivery.It is like giving away the money - Not only bad for customers but also for CCP, as having good PR is a valuable thing in the business world, and certain situations, like the one with Ed, don't show CCP too favorably.

There should be only courier available or, as you suggested Albi, they should move their distribution center to the country, where tracking option can be bought at reasonable prices.

Offering poor service in any field of activity should be avoided if company wants to build up creditibility and trust among it's parntners.
I belive CCP wants to be close to their customer, as having good relations with your customer is a principle rule of making a business. That is why I'm so suprised they could allow situation like this to happen.

In any case, some kind of gratification should be provided to cover the loss(at least partialy), and they should re-think thoroughly how to deliver goods to the customer without unpleasant suprises in future.

Orbis, I think you should let guys above you know that there is an issue and it should be resolved ASAP.

Cheers!
« Ostatnia zmiana: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 12:29:08 wysłana przez Ghazdi Ironwill »

theorbis

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #50 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 13:55:03 »
We are fully aware of those problems and as far as i know the EVE store will be moving to United States soon. That should increase the level of service and security of all packages.

Best Regards,
The Orbis

ArchenTheGreat

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #51 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 14:06:11 »
We are fully aware of those problems and as far as i know the EVE store will be moving to United States soon. That should increase the level of service and security of all packages.

Best Regards,
The Orbis

Good to hear this.

Ok, I've checked, You're right Orbis, I lost bet from my last post;

Cytat: Icelandic Post
      Domestic     Overseas
Weight    Addressee Only
(1)    Delivered on location
(2)    Within Europe
   Outside Europe
0-100 g    615 ISK    425 ISK    695 ISK    845 ISK
101-500 g    700 ISK    510 ISK    1.040 ISK    1.595 ISK
501-1000 g    885 ISK    695 ISK    1.435 ISK    2.455 ISK
1001-2000 g    995 ISK    805 ISK    2.150 ISK    4.150 ISK

Don't whine, it's not that costly. I can make more by visiting one belt in highsec space. CCP should sell one 90 day GTC and it will cover yearly costs of operation.

theorbis

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #52 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 17:04:04 »
 :)

Ezachiel

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #53 dnia: Czerwiec 14, 2007, 17:07:46 »

Best Regards,
The Orbis
Why not in Poland ? Our Post office take 1,09 usd for registered post ...  :coolsmiley:

piotrqs_quendi

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #54 dnia: Czerwiec 15, 2007, 09:33:20 »
Polish post:
70% of priority packages are delivered later than 1-2 days.

I wonder how many packages are lost.

So please do not move store to Poland. The community would hate us  :embarassed:

Ezachiel

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #55 dnia: Czerwiec 15, 2007, 12:11:07 »
Polish post:
70% of priority packages are delivered later than 1-2 days.

I wonder how many packages are lost.

So please do not move store to Poland. The community would hate us  :embarassed:
Sielnce !

Wonder how many package lost and how many ppl pay a customs duty for his order, because shop is no longer in EU ... lol
PQ you are nice person, but when you order a 2 GTC and you get a order to pay customs duty in polish custom agency you will konow the payin !
« Ostatnia zmiana: Czerwiec 15, 2007, 12:12:41 wysłana przez Edmund »

Jcdx

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #56 dnia: Czerwiec 17, 2007, 13:33:39 »
Besides overseas shipment (from US) will probably be horrendously expensive. The solution could be two send-out centers - one located in EU and another in US. I think it wouldn't be such a great operating cost, would help to improve CCP's standing in customers' eyes as the company who cares about costs and time.

Oh yes, the customs would be a real pain in the neck too. Also I don't like the idea of someone tampering with my purchase - and various strange things happen in the custom offices sometimes :)

MKoll

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #57 dnia: Czerwiec 17, 2007, 18:31:52 »
The solution is quite simple. Have your orders sent via something secure, DHL or registered insured ground mail. Unlike EvE universe, our world offers security for money. Wanna go cheap? Don't whine when someone gatecamps your package at the post office  ;D